Here is another staple for our school lunches: applesauce.
Of course you can always go to the grocery store and buy a bunch of jars of applesauce and/or those small plastic containers with just enough applesauce for one serving. However, if you are at all concerned with your children’s health and the state of the environment, you will make your own applesauce at home, just like we do 😉
- Peel and slice some apples. I prepare an average of two per person.
- Place the apples in a microwave safe bowl.
- If the apples are not naturally sweet, add a tablespoon or two of honey.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water.
- Microwave until the apples are tender.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice and throw them in the blender.
- Divide into individual containers.