My blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award!
To be honest I hadn’t heard about it since yesterday, when I got a notification on my blog from the person who nominated me.
The Liebster Award is given to blogs who have less than 200 followers but that deserve to have many more. 🙂
The rules for this award are the following:
1. Thank the Liebster-winning blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post eleven facts about yourself.
3. Answer the eleven questions your nominator asked.
4. Create eleven questions for your nominees.
5. Nominate 5 to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
6. Display the Liebster Award logo.
So here it goes! 😀
First and foremost, I’d like to thank Amy Marie at TheUniqueClassroom’s Blog for nominating my blog for this award! I love reading hers! Every so often I receive a notification on my email about her posts and it lightens up my day. As a learning support teacher, she shares little tidbits about her experiences as well as fun posts on her HEY GIRL FOR THE LEARNING SUPPORT TEACHER posts! Visit her blog now!
Eleven facts about myself!!! hmm, this one is tricky 😉
- I’m a Portuguese girl born and raised in Northern Portugal
- I have been in Canada for 10 years
- I love baking!!!!!
- I love eating what I bake….. hmmm that explains the extra pounds….
- The most predominant occupation in my family is……(drum roll)….. yep, you guessed it: TEACHER! My mom was a teacher, and so were her sisters and brother. One of my dad’s sister is a teacher too. Several of my cousins are teachers! I am a teacher!!!!!
- I like to wake up early in the morning and just sit listening to bird song (even in the city, if you wake early enough)
- Reading is a passion! Historical novels are my thing! In the words of my 11 year old “If it has a man without a shirt and a lady in fancy dresses, that book belongs to mom”. I swear I’m very careful about the books I choose depending on their cover pictures…. 🙂
- Singing is something very close to my heart. It makes me relax and happy.
- I used to be the lead singer for a traditional students group in my University. These groups are called “Tunas” (no it’s not the fish) and are formed of University students clad in black traditional uniforms with long capes and a huge array of instruments. I used to sing and play the classical guitar.
- I have a very crafty side of me. If I’m not working or reading, you are sure to find me sewing, embroidering, drawing, making jewelry, etc, etc, etc.
- Finally but not the least, I live for my family. My husband and children are the most important elements of my life. I live to be a wife and a mother.
Anne Marie’s questions:
- What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done? Going into surgery! I have a high sensibility to narcotics which makes a small dose act as if I have been given 1000 times that quantity.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? Becoming a teacher! My years at University were filled with lots of hard work and that was rewarded with me being the head of class when I graduated! Knowing that my friends and colleagues recognized that I deserved that honour, made it all worth it!
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher!!! Having grown up in a family of teachers, I was somewhat influenced by it. However, I always had good rapport with children and when I finally decided that was what I wanted to do, it was a choice made from the heart.
- Would you recommend your career choice to others? Why or why not? YES! I love children. I love being around them and learn from them about how the world is such a beautiful place. I am always amazed at children’s wisdom AND wit!
- If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go? Portugal! I haven’t gone back since we moved 10 years ago! Other than that, I’d love to see more of Canada.
- Why did you begin blogging? To share my crafts and cake decorating skills. Recently because I want to become more involved in the North American teaching community.
- Who in your life has influenced you the most, and how? My mom! She has faced so much in her life but she has fought with all her strength. She is the bravest person I have ever met!
- Mac or PC? PC, hubby would never go for a Mac. Don’t ask me why, I don’t know, lol
- Do you like to talk on the phone, or do you prefer texting? Phone! I don’t have a fancy phone for texting. PLUS, I like to hear the other person’s voice.
- Are you an introvert or extrovert? Introvert, specially when I first meet someone. It takes a while to become comfortable. Extrovert, only with my husband and kids (they call me crazy, sometimes).
- If you could try out any job for a day, what would it be and why? Pastry chef! Visit my Sweet Baking section and you will know why 😉
My eleven questions:
- Where are you from?
- How many languages do you speak fluently?
- If you could learn a new language, what would it be?
- What is your favourite thing to do when you need to relax?
- Name 3 people that had a huge impact on your life and tell us why.
- What is the dream you most wish to have come true?
- Favorite animal and why.
- Coffee, tea or neither?
- Where do you usually go when on holidays? Beach, camping, cruise….?
- Something or someone that makes you get up in the morning with a smile.
- If you could describe yourself in one word, what word would that be?
- The Common Core Classroom http://thecommoncoreclass.blogspot.ca/
- Miss Martins’s Classroom http://www.missmartinsclassroom.com/
- Polliwog Place http://polliwogplace.blogspot.ca/
- Creating Art With Kids http://creatingartwithkids.blogspot.ca/
- Teaching with Heart http://fifthisfun.blogspot.ca/
- Chic & Cashmere http://chicandcashmere.blogspot.pt/
- Owl About Us http://www.owlaboutus.blogspot.ca/
- Casa de Lindquist http://teaching.casadelindquist.com/
The last part of this award giving process was the hardest. Most of the ones I chose were already nominated or had more than 200 followers! YEAH!
I can’t wait to see what everyone writes on their award winning posts 😀